Thursday, October 31, 2013

You Are Not There

I swear you are not there. You are not on my mind. I'm not thinking about you like pens think about ink. I am not writing your name on my wrists anymore. The ink has faded.
 
I'm not thinking about you like roses think about thorns. You are not pricking my finger and drawing my love. Just blood and pain.

You're not on my mind like tear drops think about falling. But they are falling, staining my face.

I'm not thinking about you like flames think about growing. Like Heaven thinks about Hell  I'm not thinking about you like poets think about their typewriters. Not like time thinks about passing by.


Your name is buried deep in the soil. The soils of my heart. But I swear you are not here in my mind. The sound of your name doesn't give me butterflies. Only ravens wings.

I don't think about you like snow thinks about white. I'm not thinking about you like birds think about flying. Like feathers think of falling.
. Like swings think of swinging. It's not happening. It's not happening, I swear.

But yet at times, I'm thinking about you like breath thinks about oxygen. Like hearts think about beating. Like, like black thinks about white.

I think about you like ink thinks about fading.

And I am reminded, that I don't think about you, I swear.
 

3 comments:

  1. You are not on my mind #STOLEN

    I love your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But yet at times, I'm thinking about you like breath thinks about oxygen. Like hearts think about beating. Like, like black thinks about white. "

    Oh my. I love this. Just the way you built up the whole post to how you don't think about them, then that paragraph. Amazing. I love it! #loveyourblog #hashtag

    ReplyDelete