Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Understand

















I am living in darkness

There is no life, no light
Just shadows
Shadows of my past, and the horrors of my future

Where do I turn
How do I get out
I am drowning in my sorrows
Air doesn't exist 

Failure is all I have ever known
Why do I try
The more I try, the harder life gets
Deeper I fall into an abyss 

I'm fighting
Fighting to keep sane
To keep from falling apart
Trying to keep the pieces of my heart together 

I never made my canvas bright and beautiful 
It always stayed stained
Stained with black charcoal 
Scarred,beautiful, pained, hurt, depressed

I am something you can't fix
I am tired and unmotivated
I am sick of feeling like a failure
I  will try to  hide how damaged I've become

The shadows have become home
Happiness is just a place to visit
I know it is a wonderful world
But I just can't feel it

I'm often silent
When I'm screaming inside
I can't fear death
When I've died a thousand times

Sometimes it hits me out of nowhere
All of a sudden an overwhelming sadness
I feel hopeless, sad and hurt
And once again I am numb to the world

And yet again
I find myself sitting alone
With nothing to hear but the sound of my heart 
Aching with every beat and breath I take






4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. This is freaking REAL. So me, so you. I can't even begin to tell you how exact this is to me. I REALLY wish I knew who you were... oh well. I guess I will just have to wait. Again, this post is brilliant. Reading it again and again if you don't mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can't fear death when I've died a thousand times." wow...wooooow. Dang. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing much else to say....Sunset basically said it all.
    Chicaaooo. you are freakin AMAZING. And....I lovest thou mucho, but you already knew that. I can't wait to find out who you are at the end of all this ;) and I mean that actually. I'm starting to see who you are, and friend, you are beautiful inside and out. gorgeous. yuup. and I'll shush now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm often silent
    When I'm screaming inside
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete