Saturday, October 5, 2013

Flashing Red and Blue

I am going to start with a story; A story about a young girl and how her life changed forever.


Once upon a time, on a cloudy and rainy day; a seven year old girl woke up and went downstairs. It was just her mother and her downstairs, for the others were still asleep. Her dad was away on a business trip. It started out as any other day, but what she didn't know was it was about to take a turn for the worst. 

The door bell rang.

The little girl ran to the door to see who it was. Flashing red and blue lights were shinning through the windows. She wondered why. As she opened the door, there were two police officers standing there. They looked down and said sadly, "Is your mom here?" The little girl yelled to her mom to come to the door. And the moment her mom laid eyes on the men, she burst into tears.

The police came in and sat down on the couch with the little girl and her mother sitting across from them. By then the other two little girls were awake and sitting on their mom's lap. But the seven year old still didn't know what was going on.

Then the police started out, "We are sorry to inform you..."

These next words would change this family forever. For they had just learned that their husband and father had died in a car accident. For the younger ones they didn't understand, but the seven year old knew exactly what that meant. Her and her mother sat there crying at the news.

After some time the police stood, gave their apologizes again and left the family's home.

This would be the first of many deaths in this young girls life.

I could say that I didn't cry while writing this, but that would be a lie. It's hard to lose a parent so young. 

Now you might be wondering what happened to this family. They made it through this hard time, but not without receiving scars in the process. And the seven year old girl? Well wouldn't you like to know;)





5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I keep getting the chills. I keep reading this over and over. If this happened to you - I am so sorry. I wish we could just know each other in real life. Well, maybe we do and just don't know it. But I wish I did. I would give you one heck of a hug. I would give you one heck of a hug anyways. (: Amazing. Well, sad sad so sad story. But they way you wrote it, I felt like it happened to me, that I was actually there. Beautifully written. Beautifully tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that seven year old girl...
    she grew to be one of the strongest people I've ever known. who continues to struggle and bleed from the inside. breaking. trying not to let people see. but I cry for her, and pray to God that she'll gonna be okay, that we'll all be okay. and she may not know it or believe or want to admit it, but she is so so strong. and those scars? I have them too, and they'll never go away, but they'll remind us of why we're here...
    you are so strong to even write this...I wish I was as strong as you. I love you. And you wrote this beautifully...I agree with sunset-beautifully tragic.
    I'm always always here for you, you know that right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww you made me cry!!

    And ya I know you are always there for me:)

    Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you freaking made me cry!
    and you know that never happens!
    Good!:) Love you chica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep reading this. Over and over. Sorry for stalking. (:

    ReplyDelete