Monday, September 30, 2013

Who am I?

"The prettiest smile hide the deepest secrets. 

The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears. 

And the kindest hearts have felt the most pain."



I may be walking tall

But my spine is curling inside

I may have a smile on my face

But I cry when I am alone


I try so hard to build myself up

Only to tear myself down

Who am I?

I would like to know as well


I look in the mirror and see an empty shell

There is no light or life shinning

All I see is a girl

A girl who has dealt with too much pain


Am I alive or just breathing?

Every breath is a struggle

Surviving battle after battle

A battle to the death, and I lose a little each day


You ask me if I am ok

And I will lie to your face

I am afraid to let my feelings show

Knowing I will be judged no matter what


My soul is trying to find the light

But keeps getting stuck in the shadows

My pain is on replay 

Over and over again I feel it like a broken record


Each time the light seeps in

I grasp it, and try to hold on

But it always slips through my fingers

It is shredded in my hands


My heart has been crushed too many times

Cracked and almost in pieces

 Each beat is agony through my veins

My blood has run cold with pain


I don't know how much longer I will last

Until there is nothing left

When I don't have the strength

Until I can't take it anymore


Who am I?

I am a broken dream

I am a shattered soul

I am a damaged heart

I am severed glass

I am weak


I know who I am

I am tortured  

I am not strong anymore







5 comments:

  1. this broke me.
    I have no words...I love this so much.
    It's so beautifully painful.
    (and I almost used that picture of the girl in the bathtub in one of my posts)
    and I love you. yes you.
    probably one of my favorite posts from you... Holy crap.
    I keep reading it over and over and I break a little more everytime, but it's okay. It doesn't really hurt....I'm numb to the pain.
    you wrote my feelings...which is hard for even me to do.
    beautiful. beautiful. beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This. This is me. That is EXACTLY who I am. Crazy how exact that post is. I just want to re post this onto my blog. Agh this is so true! The whole freaking thing! I can't get over it. You write so amazing. So vivid. So real. So real. So real. I love it. One of my very favorite blogs, if not my favorite. I love you, you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of this post. I just wrote the whole thing down so I can read it whenever I want. It is just so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't ever give up
    You have so much talent
    You're a beautiful writer
    Your life is worth it trust me !

    ReplyDelete