Friday, December 13, 2013

Repossessed Hope

Emptiness and bitterness are trapped inside these eyes

Eyes of blue sky 

Tainted by darkness of demons of the past


Walking alone

Everyone seems to be staring

The ache in my chest is almost unbearable




I look at these painted walls

And see

Nothing

Just nothing

Nothing stands out to me

It is all monochromatic


The demons are trying to break free

Clawing at my heart

Turning it black

Raven black


Silence is burning inside

Yet thoughts are constant 

Make them all go away

Make the voices disappear


 Whisperings 

Murmurs

Echoing

Just make it stop....

Gasping for air

I cling, I cling

To my humanity, to what ever is left

These monochromatic walls are closing in

Rooms are spinning

Getting too dizzy

This ride needs to end

Fists hammer down

Pain

Sunlight is gone

There is nothing left but rain

Falling to my knees


I cave

The tide has swept me up

Now I am lost in the waves

Too tired to fight

I can't cope

There is no way to regain

My repossessed hope

....Hope

















2 comments:

  1. "Too tired to fight"

    I can totally relate. This whole post is amazing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hol...ee crap. I don't even have anything to say. I just love you so much...this was amazing.

    ReplyDelete