Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Afraid


Looking out the window

I wouldn't mind time standing still

I can hardly breath
Time is choking me

So many choices so many decisions 

I am questioning who I am

And who I want to be

There are too many voices inside my head

Telling me what to do

Each one trying to out yell the other


Everyday is another excruciating headache


Where is the relief

How do I escape
I am afraid

Afraid of growing up

Afraid

afraid

afraid



I look at myself and wonder who I really am

I do a double take

Behind this soft exterior

Lies a warrior

I realize that I am strong

But falter occasionally 

And one day soon 

You and the world will know I was here


                                      

I am not afraid anymore



embrace 
the 
unknown

Yet I am
afraid



3 comments:

  1. I like this! So good. "I am strong" Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm....dis is some damn good stuff chicaaoo.

    "You and the world will know I was here"

    "I
    embrace
    the
    unknown

    Yet I am
    afraid"

    LOVE you and your writing! Don't stop! (never ever)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. i am speachless. this is exactly what i needed to read. i am going to print this and put it on my bathroom mirror so i can always have this feeling i am feeling right now.

    thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete